Wednesday 2 September 2015

Blood Loyal - A Civil War Film by David Rowlinson




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIFgZb4TMwc
 
'Blood Loyal' is an excellent short film by young film maker David Rowlinson, who I had the pleasure to meet for the first time last week at the Sealed Knot re-enactment in Chester. David first sent me his film for review a couple of months ago. I didn’t realise it at the time but David is a member of the Earl of Manchester’s regiment of the Sealed Knot, which I joined recently. Many of the extras in the film are people who I have got to know since I first saw the film, and so I thought I would give the film a plug, not least because it is well worth watching.

‘Blood Loyal’ tells the story of Will Fletcher, a boy in his late teens left to live alone, after two years of civil war has torn his family apart. After sighting his brother, Sam, alive in a Royalist patrol, he is captured by two Parliamentarian scouts, Thomas Mason and John Turner. Together they must travel back to the remainder of their company, who were part of a crushing defeat several days earlier, a defeat that still haunts Thomas and John.

To watch the film on Youtube, click here or on the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment